Sunday, October 2, 2011

Food Watch: Pancake Mix Recipe

Buying pancake mix can get quite pricey, if you have kids or people in the house that like pancakes every morning. Even if you buy the no name brand mix, it's another expense that probably don't need. Now you can stop buying pancake mix. Make it yourself.

Truth is I found this recipe and gave it a try and it's prefect:

Pancake Mix

I mix together two batches, because my kids aren't big on whole wheat. One I have:

Whole Wheat Pancake Mix
4 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups whole wheat flour
2/3 cup sugar
2 tablespoons baking powder
1 tablespoon baking soda

Mixed it all in a bowl with a tight-fitting lid, and now I have it on hand whenever I need it. The one other I make, I use all white flour. At times I double or triple the recipe. I always have these ingredients on hand.

To make them into pancake, mix together:

1 egg
3/4 cup milk (I use skim)
1 cup of pancake mix

Put oil in pan, let heat up, put in a small ladle of batter into the pan and cook on each side.

I never buy pancake mix. I used to make them homemade each time we wanted them, but then I found if I made this up ahead of time, it was a lot faster to make them in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment