Thursday, October 27, 2011

Food Watch: Homemade Chicken Stock

I make chicken sock all the time. I don't think you can ever have enough. It's very expensive to buy, so instead when I'm going to make chicken for dinner, I will usually make chicken stock out of it first.

I know a lot of people use big chunks of veggies and the strain the broth. I really like to chop veggies down real small in the food processor and keep with the broth. I just think it gives it more flavor. So you can do whichever way you want.


Chicken Stock

Chicken pieces (I usually brown a little on each side before adding everything else)
2 stocks celery (and if you want, you can use the center of the celery)
1 large onion
2 large carrots
2T parsley
6 chicken bouillon cubes (I just think it gives it more flavor)
Pot of water

Brown chicken on each side.
Chop veggies in the food processor. I think the finer the better.
Add the rest of the ingredients to the pot.
Cover and simmer for an hour and a half or so. I add a little more water as it evaporates.

You can strain if you wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment