Thursday, October 6, 2011

Food Watch: Making the Most

I try to make the most out of things, so tonight with my daughter wanting Sweet and Sour Chicken, I decided to triple duty the chicken. I love those triple duty foods.

First I used one whole chicken breast (boneless, skinless) and put it in a pot of water with diced onion, celery, green pepper, parsley, salt and pepper, and let it simmer for an hour and a half to make chicken broth to store in the freezer for soups. With half of the chicken breast, rice, broccoli, celery, onion, green pepper, and homemade sweet and sour sauce, I made the Sweet and Sour chicken. Tomorrow I have the other half of the chicken breast to make chicken salad for lunch tomorrow with a side dish of leftover Sweet and Sour Chicken. I wish I could do that with everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment