Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Food Watch: Or Maybe Weight Loss

This last week has been an adventure cooking, experimenting, seeing what works, what doesn't. I've been cooking, cleaning, running out. I will admit to indulging in some of the things I've made, and yet, I've lost 3 pounds this week. I'm guessing it's because of the extra physical activity, and that I've eaten all natural foods, even the junk food.

The other thing is that in experimenting, I do not have a shortage of foods that I can make. I have a small stockpile of things like cookie mix, brownie mix, pudding mix, Bisquick mix, and my tomato stash of tomato sauce, spaghetti sauce, pizza sauce, ketchup, and salsa in the freezer. I also have quite a few containers of chicken broth. So if it's junk food, Italian or Mexican dishes, or casseroles, soups, or stews, I'm covered.

I don't know exactly how much I spent for things to know if it's that much more economical or not. I will work on finding out. I do have to say it's healthier and tastes better. I always have most of the ingredients at home to make these things, and when I run out of something, it's just one thing, so the cost seems minimal. Today I have to buy milk and cornstarch, and that's it for awhile.

So as you can see, it can be beneficial to make things from scratch. The stockpile is nice, and the weight loss is great, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment